Friday 17 October 2014

Magpies...

I swear I will have an Aussie magpie burger one day... Or a magpie pie BOL!
Ahem, where was I? Ah yes, my complaint... There are quite a few magpies around and goodness they are really ballsy! Magpies are very territorial, so spring can get very tricky when they get make their nests and decide that everything and everybody is a threat to their chicks. Ok in my case I sort of can see why they might think that... but it's not an excuse!....

We have a few around our place, and mostly a couple of them who are right pain in the ar****.....

First they keep annoying the girls at the front, swooping them at any opportunity. The hens take that opportunity to screams their beaks off obviously and prevent me from sleeping... I have become quite a good guide for the minions to go and check them. Even when the minions can't hear anything, I can always tell when the ladies are in trouble and let those two useless watch-humans know so they can go give them a hand. As you can imagine with the very discrete and majestic manner fitting with the legacy of my great hunting breed... usually by whining my head off and pointing at the window...

But last time the magpies just went further and it was the last straw... I was outside, minding my own business, and *ahem* let's say ON business... And then suddenly... SWOOP...!!!
They dive bombed ME!!! While I was *ahem* busy!!!!! How rude is that? One, it's my own backyard thank you very much, and two... I WAS OTHERWISE OCCUPIED, a little bit of privacy never hurts anyone. So now I'm keeping an eye out while...busy... It's not easy really, pretty uncomfortable and hard to relax!
Last time I nearly caught the blimey little pain, tried to swoop me while I was parading in the backyard and just saw the magpie slightly too late to get a good target snap... Didn't come back for a second pass after that though...

One day I will get them, one day... And then who'll be laughing with a belly full of magpie burger!...

No comments:

Post a Comment