Tuesday 3 June 2014

A question of free will

Anybody who has a pup will know something about this, heck, I have even heard that a lot of human pups have got the same "issue". What issue am I barking about you will ask me? Well I am talking about water, baths/showers to be more precise...

I am a gun dog, ok you knew that or maybe not but now you've been warned :P! I am born to go into water, any type of water: rivers, dams, sea and  even swimming pools! I loooove water. The minions even have issues getting me out of the swimming pool on a fine summer day.
My most addictive occupation is splashies. I love it when the minions throw water and I try to catch it with my mouth, I can do that all day, literally... I tried to get mum to keep going but she gives up too quickly... And the splashies can be anywhere in the pool or wherever water is present. I even try and sneak in the bathroom when mum or dad are having a shower in the hope of getting some stray splashings! My desperate attempts have made me go a tad too close to mum while she was washing her hair and she called me a pervert last time and shooed me away ever since. Doesn't mean I don't  still try and creep my way close...

But anyway I digress! So now you might have gathered I like water in all shape or form. And this brings me to the minions' lamentation: why oh why I will in no way step into the shower for my regular wash? Early on they tried to get me in the bath, well that lasted... approximately 30 seconds... that's the time it took me to craze my way out (I was young and uncoordinated at that age you see, so I was rather slow...). Ever since that day they chose the "safe" option of the shower. But as soon as mum closes the door and put the shower head down, I will find the furthest point in the bathroom and stand away. Don't like the wet stuff anymore, it's toxic! And the shampoo, urgh makes me smell like a girl!! Now don't shout it, but I actually like the massage and that all fresh feeling after the wash. I get a bit excited crazy too!

So what is different you will ask me, well this is it! It is all about free will!! I want to go in the swimming pool or the murky dam, and I crave splashes, but in the shower I am forced to go and get pat patted everywhere and it's just not how I choose!!! No I'm not pig headed... much...
But that all shows you humans that there is always a different presentation of things to us pups. And well a few more treats might help the "abuse" suffered in the shower and the loss of all my lovingly accumulated dirt and stinkiness! I'm just saying...
ahhh a nice little bubbly spa,
actually no bubbles, too scary...
splashies, I love those!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment