Tuesday 8 July 2014

Our own remake of ER

We did a bit of work on the house at the end of last week (you got to wait for my next post for the details!). Well I did most of it myself, but the minions helped a bit... And I have come to the conclusion that Mum could keep a casualty department running all by herself sometimes...

She began her week-end fun early on Friday evening. She said she was going to make a quiche, ok so far so good... She started cutting a few things and uh oh! sharp knife... Well of course she turned her head while cutting the bacon, which ended up in her cutting her finger, badly I shall add. She blames me because I was explaining to her I could help with the bacon. She always has to blame somebody... She did finish her quiche with the 9 fingers she had left and I even had a bit. Between you and me I would have made a better job on the bacon...

Then, they decided to make a real mess on the side of the house, you'll see, t'is atrocious! If I had done a hundredth of that I would be forever grounded, but oh no... not them! they can do it without being told off. Anyway, at least I did help a lot. The thing is, the messing about involved a 10kg sledgehammer and a huge steel pole. Is Dad crazy?!?! He lets Mum go anywhere close to those and even handle these items?!?! But amazingly she succeeded to come through without any of these items causing her grievous bodily harm (I know, I can't explain that one either...). While they were doing the mess, they let the hens run around free in the front garden, I was watching but somebody seem to have tangled me in a long leash that got caught on the metal railing, I couldn't go and have a chat with them... Anyway, there are some nasty currawongs around, they go by pair to attack the girls. On one such occasion, mum ran out to chase them... She didn't see the old metal hook the previous owner had placed on the side of the carport... But she did hear the big crunch when her nose collided with it apparently!! *sigh*
Now she's going on and on and on about how her nose hurt, and she can't blow her nose, and ouch how it hurts... blah blah blah blah blah..... She didn't even bleed that much anyway...
But don't worry, I'm on the currawong case, I just need to untangle that leash...
By then, I realised that I had to keep a close eye on her or I wouldn't have an entire Mum by the end of the weekend. I think I did a pretty good job at it, she only just knocked her tibia with a heavy box. It's only a bruise, it will pass... :P

On Sunday we went for a drive, so I thought that I could put my guard down a bit, after all what could she do to herself in the car?! Well apparently she can knock her head in the car... *sigh, again*... really... what am I going to do with her!
mummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment