Thursday 12 June 2014

The correct sofa etiquette

I've been a very good boy and behaved so I've been allowed to write another post... :P
You might have heard that I am not allowed on the house furnitures, either sofas *sigh* or the big minions' bed *BIG sigh* (they're just space hugger, that place is so big they get lost in there, so I don't see why I'm not allowed up there...).

I've tried everything over the time from the sneaky slow motion crawl up to the brazen jump up and curl in an unmovable pile of gooey mess. All attempts resulted in a one demand to go off followed by a heartless tilt of the sofa if I did not comply... How rude!!!

So I tried a few things... Wasn't easy to work out the proper way or limit in-between the too much, i.e. get thrown off, and the too little, i.e. a bit of a let down aka the floor...
I tried the full on jump on Dad as if I didn't see he was there and see what happens. Well I can tell you straight away, not a good outcome for team pup...
Then I tried the "oh hello! Is that seat next to you taken?" approach... Not much better outcome!
Then I thought that maybe if I was distracting him with a bit of a play he might forget that I was actually on the sofa and keep playing. That could theoretically work, they have a short-term memory those minions so you need to try and manage that to your advantage... Result: it worked for about 30 seconds... Not a convincing amelioration of the state of affairs...
So I had to have a bit of a rethink of my plan. The problem is that they do not want me to be fully on the sofa. I can put a couple of paws up when we do trainings but that's not really satisfying... really...
I want to be able to sit on there me! And then bingo!! I found the perfect solution!
Now that's the way to do it... Comfily sitting on the sofa but all the paws touch the floor so they can't tell me off, mwahaha the advantage of having long legs!!! Then add a soupçon of the "eye" and you got the complete correct sofa etiquette! Infallible...

No comments:

Post a Comment