Monday 15 July 2013

Routine is good for minions #1 : mornings

Hi there, Mawson back at the point!

I wanted to woof about the importance of establishing a good routine for any dog's minions. I really like that and I feel that the minions get all flustered and run into trouble when I change timetables. They just can't handle it really! So first I'll talk about the daily routine of what they call their "working" day (I'm sure that all they do is going out of the house to spite me and drink coffee without sharing their food with me, selfish!).
I've realised that I'll have to cut that into a few parts cause there is so much to complain about!

In the morning, I usually concentrate the training on daddy (he needs it a lot). Except when mum tries to kid herself that she can wake up early and "take me" (!) to the park. She has apparently decided that she was going to do that at least once a week following dad's return from his last effort of abandoning me. But she already didn't make it this week after just 3 weeks so... you see what I mean....
Well anyway I prefer when dad comes and let me out of my crate, because 1) he is not awake and let's me out even if I whine a bit because he is too slow and 2) I can run straight past him and go to make sure mum is aware I'm up. She always need to have her face washed, I'm saving her time to get ready in the morning really. When mum get's me up I get all confused and then I still run to her side of the bed and she is not there! It's too hard in the morning to deal with all that nonsense. I think I'm going to draw up contracts so they stick to their jobs.

Then they faff about for a bit while I get bored but I let them that time to "get ready" they need to be able to occupy themselves without me being there alllll the time, that's too exhausting for poor little me.... After that, I start the real training by teaching dad patience to get me in the car. They go quite far to entice me in the back really it's quite funny, they make strange noises, gesticulate, they even have gone in the boot themselves (I nearly went to close the door but I thought that might get them grumpy). Anyway when it pleases me and I think they have done enough exercise then I get in and they get allll happy and give me treats, too easy really...

Then finally we can go to the park so I can hang out with my buddies, sniff all what happened since the last day. If we get there early enough, I can play with Lula she is a cool lady GSP and she has really small petite paws and she's pretty... ahem... she's ok cause only she runs fast....
I have to excuse myself after a bit as I need to keep the minions fit so I get them to send the ball a bit. Good for their arms you see, and I show the other guys here how to get the slaves to look all happy and give me treats. You see first you just throw the ball in a general minion's direction, they get all serious and go huhu! then you just pick up the ball and put it in their hand: bingo they get all happy (good for their emotional development) AND give me the food, easy.

An old pic from the park,
I should do something about the minion's fashion sense...

My only recurring issue with their behaviour is that they keep leaving the park way too early, I barely have time to do my business! All 20 of them spread across the park for better effect (tsehehe). At least they get excused by preparing my food when we get back, never enough mind you. And they still somehow find ways of delaying putting that bowl down and keep going "right, left, right, down, sit stand".  I don't know? They need to make their mind up. One moment they ask me to sit the next they want me to heel, then it's "down", my poor articulations ouch. And by that time I am tired and just want to sleep seriously... But that's just better if I keep them happy so they can leave and give me my day treats, they are too noisy for my proper beauty sleep...


Will they leave yet? I need my sleep...

I'll be back later for the day's occupation and the evening minions' entertainment... It's hard work being a GSP pup, got to go roll about aimlessly on the rug now, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment