Tuesday 11 November 2014

The hen parties

It's been a long time I haven't told you about how the ladies are going. They've grown lots and are now super huge and looking juicy... *ahem* I mean looking very lush like lovely lady hens *cough cough* .... I go to open and close their coop everyday, ok not me exactly but the minions let me come with them and point at the coop while they do it. Last time I saw them in front of me, the door was open and there was nothing between me and them... but mum had told me to stay down a meter away... Oh I wish I could have gone and given them a cuddle... *sobs*

At least they've really got going on the egg front and they have been giving plenty. The minions don't feed me nearly enough of them and they give them all away too!! They say they can't keep up with the quantities, I could me, but as always they just don't listen to me... The eggs are funny, they are all different shape and colours!
The poor hens have been hassled by the magpies as I have too, these magpies are so nasty and they really go for them. I do my best to alert the minions but because I'm not allowed in the front garden due to an old and false accusation of jumping the front fence and running across the busy road, I can't go and sort them out myself... But they are surviving, they also get some guests in their run. The ladies keep digging at the edge under the coop and a group of pigeons keep sneaking in. They are nice looking pigeons very well together young lads... But mum's not happy that the girls are having parties and sharing their food. The minions say they want to meet the parents first *rolls eyes* seriously... They're crazy... ;P
Mildred running to the opportunity of sunflower seeds
Winifred talking back... as per usual...
fancy miss Barnie keeping an eye on mum
and Buffie at the back

No comments:

Post a Comment